Packing your items properly and protecting your large furniture is the most important step in moving. Let us help you pack your items carefully and professionally to ensure their safety during transit or storage. Choose from the items listed below to help with your move and call us to discuss pricing and to set up delivery.
- Small Box (18” x 12” x 12”): Most commonly used box. It is versatile and can be used for almost any item. It is better to pack heavier items (books, can goods, etc) in small boxes than the larger ones.
- Medium Box (18” x 18” x 16”): This box is also frequently used. Slightly larger items like pots and pans, small appliances and lamps/lampshades fit well in this box.
- Large Box (18” x 18” x 24”): These are used for lighter items such as clothing and bedding. Filling a large box with heavy items can cause them to rip or be too heavy to move.
- Wardrobe Box (24” x 21” x 47”): This comes with a metal bar that allows clothes to be hung during transport. Shoes and light items can be added to bottom of the box.
- Double-walled Box: (18” x 18” x 28”): This is a standard box but with double protection. Use for dishes and fragile items.
- Mirror Box (40” x 60”): This is a set of four pieces that are adjustable to fit mirrors and artwork.
Additional Packing Materials:
- Packing Paper (10lb reams): Can be used to wrap fragile items or to fill empty spots in glasses and boxes. 20 pounds can usually pack an entire kitchen’s worth of dishes and glassware.
- Bubble Wrap: Useful for wrapping large fragile items such as artwork or sculptures or as a second layer of protection on small fragile items.
- Tape: Moving tape is extra wide and strong to seal boxes on the bottom and top.
- Shrink Wrap: This is a large cellophane wrap used to bulk items together or seal drawers within dressers. Using tape on dressers may damage the finish.
- Dishpack Inserts: These are cardboard pieces used to create partitions and layers in the double-walled boxes.